Thursday, July 29, 2010

Front Bedroom & What's Next

I have officially found my motivation.  It took me a while but it is back.  Jason and I are the King and Queen of half finished projects.  We get really excited, plan what we are going to do, buy half of the things we need, get halfway through the tear down and prep part and then QUIT.  I have been working on finishing projects and I think the nagging Jason to help me finish is wearing us both down.  However tonight he did mention that I have been a huge help and that he appreciates me working so hard to get things done around our house.

 Ceiling Fan in the Front bedroom.  It's neat looking.  The next home owner is going to hate how many different light bulbs there are in this house.

Front bedroom...this room is multi-functional.  It will eventually become our office but for right now must remain the guest room.  For those of you who don't know me my parents live about 9 hours away and come to visit about every other month if I'm lucky.  We also live about 500 yards from one of the local hospitals.  By choosing this house I have accepted that if at anytime a friend or family member was in the hospital our home would house a few people.
 Front room walls before primer and the rest of the wall paper removed.   I took off layers and layer of wall paper and paneling and glue.

The theme for this room is very girlie.  I LOVE PURPLE and BLACK AND WHITE!  I have an amazing poster from France that is to go in this room and a few little decorations that are very Parisian.  I am surprised that Jason has allowed me to make a room this girlie but you will have to stay tuned for the back bedroom's theme which was probably how I convinced him. I am putting the final coat of Purple Princess paint on the walls tomorrow and I will post away a photo for everyone!
Hardwood floors pre-stain and varnish post standing.

Next steps from here.  Remember the part of multiple projects going on at once? Well....while I've been working on this room we have found lots of amazing deals at Lowes.  First one day while our hardwood floors were drying (we refinished them over this past weekend) we were wasting time a Lowes and found Cabinets that I wanted!  Jason was going to build me cabinets because I could never find what I wanted that wasn't a million dollars.  I actually found the semi-custom cabinets that were affordable. We are going to remodel the kitchen slowly cabinet by cabinet that way it's not torn apart for a long time.  We have also found the tile and counter top I like...I guess that is our next steps...that and the bathroom vanity we've found...and the back bedroom that I have big dreams of..that and the half build fence..Man this is endless.
 Counter tops, paint color (middle one) and back splash.      Cabinet! :) iLOVE!

Thanks for reading.  I need to update more often so I can remember the day to day!..Until next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment