Sunday, April 4, 2010

Dining room DONE



Ok so I am officially finished with the dining room. Wow was that a lot of work. I started by Kilzing the ceiling on Monday March 29th. The texture and kilz on the walls was done previously. Tuesday Jason has old man beer league softball so that night was wasted. So Wednesday I decided to texture the ceiling. After finishing that I ate dinner and got up to paint the walls gray/notre dame. After getting most of the way through I RAN OUT OF PAINT. Jason was by the way at work all night Wednesday night on one of his overnight shifts.

So Thursday Jason was going to be off during the day and able to "help" me by buying more paint and a few other things a lowes. So Thursday night I came home and tried to finish painting. I also had to squeeze in church on Thursday night for an hour. So I finally finished the walls. The texture on the walls made it extremely difficult to get paint in all the nooks and crannies adding time and stress to finishing this room.

On to Friday, I usually don't work Fridays and so I decided I would try to sleep in. Jason came home from work around 10:30 am and announced that Tim (our brother in law) was coming over to help us finish that room. At first I thought how I just wanted to lay there all afternoon but then I was happy that I was FINALLY getting help!

I hopped out of bed and tried to get everything set up. However our ceiling paint which was purchased last spring had mistakenly been put away in our garage and had been ruined. Off to Lowes for the 2nd day in a row :) (Typical). We already had our light bought so Tim and Jason installed it while I put the light switch covers back on.

So Saturday I got ready for Easter dinner and had to buy a paint brush that would help me do the line at the top where the wall meets the ceiling!

Sunday Easter went off with no problems and we enjoyed the first meal in our new dining room! :)

Here's some photos of the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment