Sunday, January 30, 2011

Baby Koehn's room

I should be embarrassed how long I've gone without blogging.  The biggest news if you can't tell by the title of this entry is our family is growing into a family of three!  I am currently 18 weeks pregnant..which means the home projects have to speed up!

I started working on the back bedroom in September with full plans of turning it into a home office.  I planned on filling the room with bookshelves and our computer desk that is in storage.  I also wanted to use some of Jason's model airplanes to decorate with...well good thing I only got the primer and texture on the walls.

At the end of October I found out I was pregnant.  Immediately I fell victim to the evil called "morning sickness."  I use quotations because mine was not just in the morning it would start at about 4:00 am and end when I feel asleep at about 11 pm.  So therefore the plans to get the house done quickly were postponed while I nursed myself back to health.  I can report that my morning sickness is now only a few times a week and is usually only in the morning.

So with a growing belly I revamped my plans for the back bedroom into the nursery.  Jason and I  decided that we are not finding out the sex of the baby which means we need to be creative about what color and theme we choose.  I am still playing with the theme but I knew I wanted bright colors and a very modern looking nursery.   Here is a photo of the green paint!  We've got some work to do on the wood work and the floors need to be stained. 



I will post photos of the final product when we finish up. I am such a do it your-selfer that I am choosing fabric to make the baby bedding and curtains (along with my sewing expert sister in law.)  I also printed plans to build a changing table.  My husband is tackling this challenge.  (I apparently am good at coming up with projects for other people to do for me)

The kitchen is still being worked on slowly but surely and next for me is the final bedroom the master which is the entire upstairs!  I have a goal to get it done in the next few months before my baby belly gets too big!

No comments:

Post a Comment